Garnet Photography | Flash required to see header

About Me

My photo
I'm a photographer in Ames, IA. Feel free to wander around my blog as much as you like. Hope to see you around, have an excellent day!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Blast from the past.

The rain cancelled my photo-shoot. Darn you rain! So, instead I'm doing laundry, pigging out on oreos, and blogging about stuff. What stuff? Well...you see Sheena and I came across old CDs while she was here last weekend.

These CDs held randomness. Old english assignments, internet favorites, but mostly pictures. I thought I'd share some of the pictures I took for my High School photography classes. I had the most AMAZING HS art teacher, we called him Philly. Check out his website: http://www.paintingsbyphilbrook.com/.

First are the ones from the old school SLR film cameras. I love working with film. I miss it a lot!
This one is Sheena, I got her out of school one day so she could be my model.

These are some of my old cats, really I took this picture right before I got on the bus. I'd forgotten to take some pictures the day before for an assignment. But I did end up winning a ribbon on it in our HS art show.


And a few taken by my first digital camera...true it was just a point and shoot, but I thought it was pretty cool.



In case any of you are wondering, picture #1 in my canvas contest won. I'm just going to go order that now...

2 comments:

  1. I concur with your sentiments on the look of film and you'd done some really evocative work with it there. Might be worth digging the old film cameras out again :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last photo looks gorgeous! Amazing job you've done with these!

    ReplyDelete